Ruth Spector Webster, M.S.W., L.C.S.W and Laurie Spector, M.S.W., L.C.S.W have the advantage of being mother and daughter as well as psychotherapists experienced in counseling the bereaved. Their personal relationship gives them added insight into the experience of loss within a family as well as invaluable perspectives on the particular concerns of different generations.
Ruth Spector Webster
- Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work from the University of Southern California.
- Worked as a psychotherapist for nearly two decades in the Department of Psychiatry at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, where she developed and conducted widowed groups and counseled individuals and families on coping with loss.
- Has had a private practice as a psychotherapist.
- Lectures to seniors, professional organizations and community groups.
- Currently lives in the Los Angeles area.
- Masters Degree in Clinical Work from U.C.L.A.
- Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work.
- Worked as a psychotherapist in various medical and psychiatric settings.
- Conducted in-home counseling for cancer patients and their families.
- Developed and conducted bereavement groups and support groups for nurses.
- Lectures to community groups and teaches other helping professionals how to counsel the bereaved.
- Currently divides her time between Los Angeles and Seattle, having recently retired from over two decades as a psychotherapist in private practice.